The 2013 Season
Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar and Chorus Director Christopher Bell lead the acclaimed Grant Park Orchestra and Chorus in ten weeks of stunning performances.
The sound of summer begins on June 12, Opening Night, with an energizing performance of Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 4 and Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 5, featuring Stefan Jackiw. Ten weeks of outstanding performances follow as the Grant Park Orchestra and Chorus present masterworks of today and tomorrow.
Experience Some of the Most Beloved Music of All Time
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 with Valentina Lisitsa
- Dvořák's New World Symphony
- Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky with the Grant Park Chorus
- Saint-Saëns' Organ Symphony
Masterworks of Today and Tomorrow
- The Chicago premiere of Qigang Chen's Iris dévoilée
- Caminos del Inka - a stirring, multi-media tribute to the great Incan civilization
- Roberto Sierra's Concerto for Saxophones with jazz great James Carter
- John Adams' rarely performed landmark work for orchestra and chorus, Harmonium